Carbal’s Strong Fathers, Strong Families is a community outreach program designed to promote the important role that dads, pops, uncles and male carers play in early childhood development.
Each session has a specific focus on child and father, with sessions taking place through a ‘Yarnin Circle’ giving fathers the chance to ask questions and to have input in the sessions.
Studies have shown that how a father behaves and interacts with their child at a young age directly influences how children will act towards others throughout childhood and adulthood.
Some principles that our sessions focus on include:
- Teaching your kids the value of respect by taking the actions towards being a good role model;
- Your daughter will learn about male/female relationships by observing you, it is important she sees you showing care and respect for everyone in the family;
- Your son will watch you and often copy your actions. This is how he learns about male/female relationships, friendships and their role in the community and family.
All Participants Receive a Personalised, Laminated
Certificate of Completion!
Aims of the Program
Carbal’s Strong Fathers, Strong Families programs has the following aims:
- To improve Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander male’s ability to contribute positively to the health and wellbeing of their children;
- To support the developmental needs of children by encouraging fathers and other male carers to be healthy role models and engage fully in children‘s lives.
Strong Fathers, Strong Families delivers a program that is run over 6 weeks with a 3 hour session held week.
Session topics include:
- Call me Dad Presentation
- The Roles of Fathers
- Communicating with Children
- Children and Confidence
- Stress and Anger
- Relationships & Personal Development
Privacy & Confidentiality
All consultations are confidential and your health information will only ever be accessed by those directly involved with your care, including the monitoring of its quality.
Carbal Medical Services aligns its services in accordance with the National Privacy Principals and if you are required to access further medical services, you will be asked to sign a patient consent form at our clinic.
Benefits For Children
Who Have A Strong Relationship With Their Father:
Better Results At School
They’ll show increased academic performance during their primary and senior school years
They’ll be better at developing personal relationships throughout their lifetime.
Improved Role in their Community
They’ll develop a stronger connection with, and be more likely to positively contribute within their community.
Get In Touch
Register Your Interest
Are you interested in being involved with the next round of Carbal’s Strong Fathers, Strong Families program?
We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your details and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss further with you.