Marlu Youth Program
About Marlu Youth Program
Carbal’s Marlu Youth Program is conducted 2 days per week, run over a 3 month period, equating to a total of 23 days of practical, face-to-face learning.
The program is designed to provide tools for young men to become the best versions of themselves by offering the following:
- Members from Carbal’s Strong Fathers and Strong Families community share life experiences and lessons with participants.
- Participants are introduced to positive role models in the greater community that work and are involved in a variety of contributive fields.
- Pre-course medical with links provided to all of Carbal’s programs and services
- Drugs, smoking and alcohol education
- Healthy lifestyle education
Carbal’s Strong Fathers, Strong Families programs has the following aims:
- Participants are taught the significance of First Nations’ art and culture.
- The program includes a cultural visit Bunya Mountains.
- The program includes a cultural visit to Aboriginal hisotrical site, Gummingurru.
- The program includes a physical conditioning component.
- Participants will learn the fundamentals of working in a team by completing an obstacle course.
- Participants will learn to push their minds and bodies to truly learn what they are capable of!
Introduction to Employment & Education Providers
- School-based programs
- Employment agencies
The Marlu Youth
Phase One | Week 1-4
- Mentors introduction
- Health lessons
- Art work
- Cultural education
Phase Two | Week 4-8
- Cultural immersion and connection
- Historical and cultural education
- Healthy outdoor activities
- Leadership strategies
Phase Three | Week 8-12
- Art, dance and language
- School programs
- Study options
- Employment services
Get In Touch
Carbal Outreach Services
27 Mort Street
Newtown QLD 4350
Mon-Fri: 8:30AM – 4:30PM
Register Your Interest
Are you interested in being involved with the next round of Carbal’s Marlu Youth program?
We’d love to hear from you!
Please submit your details and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss further with you.