Excerpt from Carbal Medical Services’
9.1 Quality Policy
The following Quality Policy describes Carbal’s commitment to quality and continual improvement and how the policy relates to the requirements of our clients, our service and products.
Carbal, as per our Strategic Plan 2016 – 2019, is committed to providing high quality physical and culturally safe comprehensive primary health care services and will demonstrate this commitment by:
- Using evidence based practice “measured through objectives” to ensure high quality safe health care and to ensure services are provided in a culturally safe context;
- Using a merit based selection process and providing comprehensive induction and ongoing training opportunities to support holistic primary health care;
- Providing a safe working environment for clients and staff and others working on our premises;
- Providing a learning environment for management, staff and students on placement to ensure our staff continue to have the skills required to meet the changing health needs of our clients;
- Supporting the Management Committee to discharge their legal and statutory obligations.
- Maintaining compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual requirements.
- Working in collaboration and partnership with other service providers to ensure continuity of care.
- Conducting Indigenous Health research to add to the emerging evidence base of culturally appropriate primary health care to improve Indigenous health outcomes.
- Growing Carbal’s resources, services, programs and products to ensure long term sustainability and viability.